So here I am searching for a new saddle. The saddle I had for the last 29 years does not fit me well. It is a 15in barrel racing saddle. "What an embarrassment"I had myself sized and I am told I need an 18in saddle!
So I have been saddle shopping for a couple days with no luck. I seen saddles I would love to have but they would only go up to 17in.
Voice of reasoning appears "You are to big!" Not even an 18in saddle is all that popular. Even though I do find an 18 inch saddle they are dog ugly! Plain colored and blah.
I wanted to cry. How did I let myself go when I lost all this weight to begin with? I shaped my body out to the point I started to like myself again back 6 years ago I didn't start gaining this weight back until back 2 years ago. I knew better not to eat like everyone else because I knew my body could not tolerate it. I had to stay on a control food intake my body will not metabolize food like some people.
*GASP*
Their is some sun shine at the end of the tunnel. The saddle I found I like so much, I wrote to the person that made the saddle. I told him I love this saddle color, kind, and everything, but I see the size stopped at 17 and I need an 18. If by any chance if he didn't have an 18 if he could let me know of someone that comes close to the look alike of this saddle. He wrote me back and let me know he makes an 18 inch saddle that it would cost an extra $85 to do so. So maybe I can feel a little happier that I may get the saddle of my dreams.

No comments:
Post a Comment